Economic Affairs Division
- Promoting Sri Lanka’s economic relations with the rest of the world including bilateral, multilateral, regional and global economic relations.
- Liaising with key Government Institutions responsible for promoting trade, investment and tourism.
- Cooperating with international economic organizations and matters concerning treaties of commerce and other commercial and economic agreements.
- Facilitating negotiations of bilateral and multilateral economic and trade agreements.
- Enhancing employment opportunities for Sri Lankans abroad in all categories.
- Facilitation of Scholarships and Short Term Training opportunities to Sri Lanka and by Sri Lanka.
- Facilitation of short term visas for Foreign Experts from international institutions/agencies such as JAICA, ADB, World Bank and IMF.
This division is currently headed by Director General, Mr. M.K. Pathmanaathan.
Telephone : 0094 11 2 431 980 / 0094 11 2 432 650
Fax : 0094 11 2 446 091